PH Louvre Pendant
Poul Henningsen designed the three-shade system during 1925/1926. The first lights using the system were designed for an exhibition in Paris. His work with Louis Poulsen continued until his death in 1967. Throughout his life, PH sought to create glare-free lighting; aiming to direct light where it was most needed, and creating soft shadows while using incandescent bulbs as a light source. PH Louvre was designed for the Adventist Church in Skodsborg, Denmark, in 1957. The globe-shaped fixture is made up of 13 shades mounted on four supports. It is a simplification of the Spiral designed by Henningsen in 1942.
Danish Design Store is an authorized USA dealer for all Louis Poulsen products.
Since publishing its first lighting catalog in 1926, Louis Poulsen continues to design and manufacture elegant,...